Due to the Coronavirus outbreak, we are now working from home. We are still happy to receive PR's, please email them to us or if you need to contact us urgently please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSED - WIN – I'm Going To Big School Starter Kit
QA Education has two I'm Going To Big School Starter Kits from My Busy Bots to give away – two lucky readers will receive one each. I'm Going To Big School Starter Kits are a selection of flashcards with questions such as: "What do you do in your day?" and "Can you think of any words that rhyme with these pictures?" – great to spark conversations about a range of subjects and help develop language and communication skills in time for primary school.
Over the summer, children are starting their journey getting ready for big school. Buying uniform, talking about new friends and teachers and getting ready for the new routine are all part of this.
For My Busy Bots, the brainchild of Candice and Leanne, this summer is the perfect time to gently prepare children for their learning journey through their fun, colourful ‘I'm Going To Big School Starter Kit’.
Leanne, a maths teacher, decided to design activities to help her three-year-old to improve his fine motor skills, as her children grow she knows only too well the importance of keeping things fun and educational.
My Busy Bots - I'm Going To Big School Starter Kit
The I'm Going To Big School Starter Kit is suitable for young children from 3 to 4:
- The flash cards are designed as conversation starters for your children.
- There will be different levels of easiness and whilst some may be easier than others, these cards are a great opportunity to bond with your child, and chat about the pictures you see.
- Language is the most important thing you can prepare your child for at this early stage.
- Each card covers the Early Years Curriculum - Literacy, Mathematics, Understanding the World and Expressive Art and Design.
The skills the cards are designed to develop include:
- Fine Motor Skills - pre-writing skills, finger isolation, hand-eye coordination and control
- Visual Preconception skills. Visual tracking and scanning; visual discrimination; visual figure ground
- Cognitive Skills: Concentration. language skills and vocabulary; early reading skills. Early maths skills.
- Life Skills. Patience and perseverance; creativity and imagination; awareness of one's emotions.
My Busy Bots - Busy Bags
The Busy Bags contain fun, educational activities that will encourage learning through play. They engage children and keep them having fun, learning and occupied for as long as you need. Busy Bags are an excellent resource for all parents and can be used at home or on the go – the perfect accompaniment for keeping busy minds occupied while you are eating out, travelling or at home making dinner, and alternative to having your child glued to an iPad they are interactive so the family can get involved too.
ll activities are presented in brightly coloured, waterproof, wipe clean bags. Each bag includes an activity with all the relevant materials required and an information card. Recommended for children aged 18 months - 8 years old (indication of age on each bag).
The information card explains:
- How to use the activity
- How to extend the activity as your child develops or for more capable children
- A list of all the skills being developed whilst doing the activity
Fun, educational and creative
My Busy Bots products are fun, original and jam-packed with creative ways to foster essential skills for your little ones. We love seeing the fascination and delight radiate from our children while engaging in the activities (and drinking the odd cup of hot tea while we can) and this feeling is something we want to share with other mums and their rascals. Order from – www.mybusybots.com